Monday, August 4, 2014

A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammed Hanif




This is the book that inspired me to blog. I have read book reviews before and always loved talking about what I read, but never blogged.  I found this book to be so so hilarious that ranting about it to my small circle of friends just wouldn’t do. I had to shout it out load..







A good book with lots of hilarious moments. The plot speculates one of the many mysterious behind the fatal plane crash of General Zia, Former President of Pakistan. Through the eyes of Ali Shigri, a Junior officer of the Pakistani Air force, various theories ranging from revenge to tape worm,  to a curse and even a nerve gas in a case of mangoes,that led to the President's death,  are explored. The book also takes a dig at the bureaucracy and the idiocracies of a person in power. 


A great debut novel to a now established author Mohammed Hanif.

No comments:

Post a Comment